Friday 24 May 2013

Weekly inspiration ~ 13 - 24 May

I didn't post last week because I was sick with the flu :( So, this post will combine this week as well as last week. I feel like I say this every time, but, another busy week/s has just flown by! Here's what I've been up to & the things that have been inspiring me :)

Demystifying technologies: LIANZA event with Fiona ( @ukulelefi). We attended this event in Dunedin last Wednesday and I found the section on RFID very interesting. I'm all for it after seeing it in action and the awesome sorting machine one library has! You can see a clip of it here.

Google alerts: Why have I not discovered these earlier?! I'm finding them really useful for finding news about libraries and making sure I haven't missed any mention of Waitaki District Libraries or Oamaru on the internets.

Target plans to make over 25 school libraries: I thought this was really cool. The upgrade includes iPads, interactive white boards and 2,000 new books for each in-need school. The students also get to take home seven new books each! Props to Target for starting this great programme.

What has been inspiring you this week? I'd love for you to share you ideas or inspirations by either leaving a comment here on the blog or send me a tweet @JuliadeRuiter


No comments:

Post a Comment