Thursday 23 May 2013

Book Review: Fallen series by Lauren Kate

This series is one I've been meaning to read for a while as I've heard so many people rave about it. At first I wasn't convinced as it sounded like every other YA series I've read. The first book took me to about half way before I really got into it. Luce, the main character annoyed me until I realised she was actually a lot more complex then she first came across.

BUT, after reading the whole series, I wasn't impressed. Maybe it was because I was comparing it to other YA series like The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. Whatever the case, it was definitely a struggle to get through the whole series. The plot was too slow paced for me and the characters seemed fake somehow. Even though Luce grew on me, there wasn't much about her that I could identify with, which is normally one of the factors that makes a book really enjoyable for me. 

So, I'm really gutted that I didn't love this series as I had such high expectations :(

Have you read this series? I'd love to hear what you think- just leave a comment here on the blog or send me a tweet @JuliadeRuiter.

You can read other reviews of Lauren Kate's books here.

No comments:

Post a Comment